Monday, June 20, 2011

It's almost here!

    Where has the time gone?  Life just kinda got in the way these last few months.  In 3 more days I will be on my way to Crabapple Hill Stitchery Sojourn for three lovely days of stitching and chatting with a group of wonderful ladies I have yet to meet.   Unfortunately my mom is unable to attend the retreat; her health just isn't allowing her to travel.   However, the good news is that my bff, Denise is coming with me.  We have so much planned.  It is the Western Washington Shop Hop, so we will be stopping at a few of the quilt stores along the way.   It is about a 5 hour 30 minute drive if we weren't to stop anywhere, but well you know how that goes with travelling quilters.
    We'll go to the participating shops in Lynden, Bellingham and Mt. Vernon, WA.  From there we hope to get to Bothell in time for lunch and stop at this great shop there.   From that point I believe it is another 3 or so hours drive to our hotel.  I am looking into quilt shops that are in that stretch, but if it is too far off the highway or too complicated, then we will just keep on going.
    I have almost finished the halloween stitchery that I have been working on.  Just 27 more black wool leaves to attach and stitch in the eyes of the pumpkins, but I just might colour them in instead... will think on that one.   I will post a picture of that stitchery and of our travels and retreat  when I get back.
    Until then, Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment